Today's horror feature is V/H/S directed by directing quartet Radio Silence, it is a series of found footage shorts.. If you don't like POV movies then this may not be the movie for you, the whole entire movie is shot from a POV perspective. The first 5 minutes of this movie had me almost turning it off, but thank God I just fast forward it a little because that's when ish got real. Below is a little description of the movie via IMDb
A POV, found footage horror film from the perspective of America's top genre filmmakers. A group of misfits are hired by an unknown third party to burglarize a desolate house in the countryside and acquire a rare tape. Upon searching the house, the guys are confronted with a dead body, a hub of old televisions and an endless supply of cryptic footage, each video stranger than the last. click here for more infoMan let me tell you, that basic description does not really do the movie justice. Some really messed up things went down in this movie, it was a total gore fest. That description is the same one on Netflix, it took me at least 2 weeks to finally make up my mind and sit down and watch it for our Friday night horror fest at home. Below is a few clips from the movie, with some brief description of each short story.
- Directed by David Bruckner
Shane, Patrick, and Clint, are three friends who have rented a motel room with the intent of bringing women back for sex; Clint's glasses have been outfitted with a hidden web cam that will allow them to turn their planned encounter into an amateur porn video. While the three men are bar-hopping, Clint encounters a mysterious young woman, Lily, who acts aloof and will only respond to him by whispering "I like you." read more here.
- Directed by Ti West
- A married couple, Sam and Stephanie, go out to the West for their second honeymoon and rent a motel room. The couple visit a Wild West themed attraction where Stephanie receives a prediction from a mechanical fortune teller that she will soon be reunited with a loved one.
The Sick Thing That Happened to Emily When She Was Younger
- Directed by Joe Swanberg
- A woman named Emily and her doctor-to-be boyfriend, James, video chat about the strange bump on her arm and how it reminds her of an accident she had when she was younger. Strange things happen in her apartment and a small, childlike figure running into her room and slamming the door. She begins digging in her arm with a scalpel and James tells her to stop cutting her arm. Emily believes her house is haunted but finds out no children lived there
Tuesday the 17th
- Directed by Glenn McQuaid
- hree friends- Joey, "Spider", and Samantha- accompany their new friend, Wendy, on a camping trip. The group film themselves as Wendy leads them through the woods, occasionally mentioning "accidents" that took the lives of her friends. Wendy then tells them that a murderer killed her friends during a camping trip here the previous year, but the group laughs it off as a joke.
- Written and directed by Radio Silence
- Chad, Matt, Tyler, and Paul (dressed in Halloween costumes as the Unabomber, a pirate, a nanny cam, and a marine, respectively) head out to a Halloween party at a friend's house, only to end up at the wrong place. Sneaking inside, they begin to experience paranormal phenomena and decide they are on a haunted attraction house and have fun with it. In the attic they find several men shouting and chanting Bible verses at a young woman whom they've suspended from the rafters.
Don't be fooled by the little descriptions
While they are brief and give a little away about what is about to happen in each short story. Each story goes a totally different way than you'd expect. Below is the the official trailer of V/H/S
I've seen a lot of thumbs down about this movie, I personally think that they did a pretty awesome job for an indie film with a low budget and not a lot of CGI which was great they stuck with the classic gore basics when it comes to horror. Well that's just my opinion. What did you think of the movie if you've seen it? Leave a comment and share. Oh yeah you can find this movie on Netflix.
Keep it Nerdy!
Click Here to make money doing nothing
P.S. Earn $500 – $1200 Per Day The Easy Way Here