Thursday, July 25, 2013

Nerdlista Neda Freakout Movie Review: The Conjuring

The Conjuring Scarier than you think



So on Monday to end out our trip to Denver, the hubster and I decided to see "The Conjuring", we had been debating for weeks now on whether or not we wanted to see this movie. The main reason being is that we figured it was going to be rated PG-13 and figured it would have some pretty weak content. Boy were we surprised. Normally I'm not into these ghost type , exorcist type of movies, but something about the previews kind of sort of intrigued me a bit.




So what's this dang on movie about

The conjuring is a based on the true life story of the Warrens who were real life paranormal investigators or what some would call demonologist. Even though Ed and Lorraine Warren were portrayed as some of the 1st recognized ghost hunters of their time. They really were out to strive to explain the unexplainable which they did quite often. Most of the time these were things that could be solved in like 5 mins. ( for example squeaky pipes and loose floor in the attic. The inspiration from this movie is based off of a compelling story that was explained by Ed and Lorraine. Its the telling of a story of a lifetime for this husband and wife dual, who decided to help a family who was being terrorized by what they thought were just some mean spirited ghost. Little did the Warren's know that they were in for the ride of there lives with this case. Check out the preview below to get a  little taste of what the conjuring has in store.




Why did I feel "The Conjuring " was scary?

If you follow my blog you know that , I have this little fear of clowns after watching "Killer Klowns from Outer Space" when I was a kid. Well in this movie and a few other's that I've watched in the last fear I figured out what is really at the center of that fear. I get chills down my spine whenever I see something that I either played with or loved to see twist into demintated characters or creatures in movies. Prime example the pic above of the original doll from the Warren's case is a Raggedy Ann doll, which is by far from scary. Well in the movie adaptation of the doll, the doll is far from cuddly and sweet like a Raggedy Ann doll should be, its a true devil doll and it creeps me all the way out. Seriously through the rest of the movie after seeing that doll I had to turn my face away. I'm shuddering right now just picturing it again. I can also truly say that its not just freaky looking clowns or dolls, its weird twisted up demon looking faces all together. Another example of this is "Insidious" , you know the one seen with that devil looking creature thing. That scared the sh*t out of me, and you know me I'm gore girl over here, that ish right there was horrible for me and "Insidious" was a PG-13 movie. Well if you want to see some good horror that I haven't seen in a while go out and see "The Conjuring" it was worth seeing in the theater.























Love, Peace, and hair greese,

2 comments:

  1. Nice review Antioneda. The horror genre's not my favorite of them all, but I can have fun with it when it's done right. Perfect example right here.

    ReplyDelete

Like-Ex.Com